Refined Plan to be Presented
Thank you for your interest in the Hidden Valley Regional Park Master Plan update! This message is to inform you about the second public meeting as part of the plan development process. From December – February, we’ve been collecting community feedback on three draft conceptual plans through an in-person community workshop, online community survey, on-site meetings, emails, and phone conversations. A refined conceptual plan is in development and will be presented at the meeting.
The second meeting will be held virtually, in a webinar format:
When: Wednesday, March 2nd from 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Where: Online, via Zoom (see meeting information below)
Also, we’d be grateful if you would help spread the word about this meeting to anyone in your communities or networks who may be interested in attending.
Hidden Valley Regional Park Master Plan Update – FAQs
Additionally, we’ve prepared a FAQs sheet to provide answers to some of the most commonly-asked questions about the project thus far.
Questions answered in the PDF include:
- Will the reclaimed water proposed for use at Hidden Valley Regional Park smell bad?
- What can you do about illegal activities in the park at night?
- Will there be mosquitoes from the wetlands/ponds?
- What can you do about speeding in the park and the nearby neighborhoods?
- Why are you trying to keep horses out of the park?
- Why do you need to replace the playgrounds?
- Why would you replace wood chips with plastic tiles or rubber mats at the playgrounds?
- Is the reclaimed water proposed for use at the park safe?
- How deep will the wetlands be?
- Why does there need to be a paved path/trail?
Click here to Download the PDF
Join us on March 2nd to see an overview of the survey results.
Hear from the engineering team about utilization of reclaimed water in the park, review the revised concept plan, ask questions, and provide input.
To join the meeting, please complete the following steps just before 5:30 pm on March 2nd:
- Go to Zoom.us in your web browser
- Click the “Join a Meeting” button
- Enter in the Meeting ID: 837 4047 4321
- Note: This will require a computer or phone with audio and video capabilities. If you do not have access to these devices or need additional assistance with the Zoom technology, please contact SKirschenman@washoecounty.gov as soon as possible and we will find a solution.
We hope to see you there!
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to e-mail or give me a call at the number below. Thanks, and have a wonderful day!
Park Planner | Community Services Department