From: SouthEastConnector.com Dec. 2016
The project team has created the December 2016 flyover video showcasing Phase 2 construction progress. Each video begins at the southern end of the project (Segment 1) at the current intersection of South Meadows Parkway and Veterans Parkway and concludes at the northern end of the project at Clean Water Way (Segment 4).
Major construction advancements since November’s video include:
- Preliminary roadway embankment work in Segment 1 (between South Meadows Parkway and Alexander Lake Road).
- Forming the walls of a large cast-in-place box culvert near the Huffaker Narrows Bridge in Segment 1 (near Alexander Lake Road).
- Increased pile driving operations at Huffaker Narrows Bridge (at Alexander Lake Road).
- Increased earthwork in Segments 1 and 2 (between South Meadows Parkway and Mira Loma Drive).
- One of two pre-cast box culverts placed in Segment 2 (between Alexander Lake Road and Mira Loma Drive) to allow excess waters to rise equally on both sides of the roadway.
- Forming the roadway embankment at Mira Loma Drive and Herons Landing in Segment 2.
- Rebar placed for the northbound deck at Rosewood Lakes Bridge in Segment 3.
- Southbound deck of the Boynton Slough Bridge paved in Segment 3.
You can watch the latest flyover video, and other videos featuring important aspects of the project, by visiting the ‘Videos’ page on the project website here. You can also subscribe to the SouthEast Connector Project and RTC Washoe channels on YouTube.
Pembroke Drive to Re-Open Dec. 22
Pembroke Drive will reopen to through traffic next Thursday, December 22. The Project Team thanks the community for their patience and understanding during the closure.
The box culvert drainage structure built underneath Pembroke Drive.
For more information please call the project hotline at (775) 789-9832 or email Info@SouthEastConnector.com. For additional information and to sign-up to receive updates visit SouthEastConnector.com
This information is re-posted as a courtesy to our members. To see the original post click here.