TMFPD and Washoe County share important information ahead of the holiday
Celebrating the Fourth: Safety tips and office closures
Reno, NV. June 28, 2019. Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District and Washoe County wish everyone a safe summer and happy Fourth of July. As plans to celebrate Independence Day are firing up, please be aware of the following safety information and office closures:
- It is illegal to possess or use fireworks and/or pyrotechnics within the Truckee Meadows and North Lake Tahoe Fire Districts which includes the unincorporated areas of Washoe County.
- If you’re going to a firework display, please leave pets at home in a safe, cool area before fireworks start, with windows and doors closed. During fireworks displays, keep a television or radio on to help mask the commotion of fireworks going on outside.
- Confining your dog or cat to the inside of a car, even on a mild day, can result in a life-threatening situation for your pet. Per state law, it is illegal to allow a cat or dog to remain unattended in a parked or standing motor vehicle during a period of extreme heat or cold or in any other manner that endangers the health or safety of the cat or dog.
- To report a distressed animal in a locked car, contact Washoe County Regional Animal Control Dispatch at (775) 322-DOGS between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. daily. Contact 911 after hours.
- Never throw cigarettes from a moving vehicle, extinguish cigarettes in proper designated receptacles.
- Target shooters are encouraged to use a firing range such as Washoe County’s Regional Shooting Facility.
- Keep matches and lighters out of the reach of children and never leave young children alone with an open flame.
- Click here for information on wildfire terminology and evacuation preparedness.
Fourth of July Closures:
Most Washoe County offices will be closed Thursday, July 4, in observance of Independence Day.
The following county offices will be closed:
- Administrative offices at the Washoe County Complex: 1001 E. Ninth Street, Reno, 89512
- All Washoe County libraries will be closed. Please go to washoecountylibrary.us to place a hold, renew a checkout, and download eBooks, research databases and more.
- Regional Animal Services Shelter Operations and Office will be closed, but field operations will continue as normal.
- Reno Justice Court, Sparks Justice Court, Incline Village Justice Court, Incline Constable and Wadsworth Justice Court
- The Second Judicial District Court
- The Washoe County District Attorney’s Office
- The Washoe County Sheriff’s Office – all administrative offices and front desk
- Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District – all administrative offices and front desk
- Washoe County Human Services Agency and all meal distribution locations.
The following county offices will be open:
- The Office of the County Clerk at the Washoe County Complex will remain open throughout the holiday from 8 a.m. to midnight for the issuance of marriage licenses, fictitious firm names and notary bond filings, as well as property tax payments for the Treasurer’s Office.
TMFPD Public Information Officer
The original post is can be viewed here, on the Washoe County website.