LEGISLATIVE ACTION ON AUTOMATIC AID IS IMMINENT
Please support the Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District by either attending Legislative Hearings regarding SB-185 (Automatic Aid Agreement) and SB -318 (Authorization to Merge Sierra Fire District with Truckee Meadows Fire Protection District) or sending an email in support of the Bills to the Senate Government Affairs Committee Chairman Pete Goicoechea.
Your support is crucial to the safety and welfare of citizens not only in our community but the Truckee Meadows as a whole. Undoubtedly the Reno Fire union will be out in numbers to testify against SB-185 sponsored by Senator Kieckhefer.
To familiarize yourselves with the debate, and get official meeting information for these two bills, please read the information provided below. Thanks to all who can attend and speak.
For those unable to attend, there is still time to write, email or call the Senate Government Affairs Committee Chairman Pete Goicoechea, the only member of this Committee from northern Nevada (Ely).
There are no senators on this Committee from Washoe County, so your testimony will be instructive.
Background on the automatic aid issue is here: http://nevadanewsandviews.com/?s=Dying+for+automatic+aid
To communicate your views or to present testimony/exhibits, see instructions below:
Committee: Senate Government Affairs
Meeting: Monday, April 6, 2015 1:00 PM
Location(s): Room 2135 of the Legislative Building, 401 S. Carson St., Carson City, NV. Videoconferenced to Room 4404B of the Grant Sawyer State Office Building, 555 E. Washington Ave., Las Vegas, NV.
Minutes not yet available.
Thank you for contacting Senate Government Affairs.
The purpose of this email address is to receive exhibits for a Committee meeting so that they can be uploaded and viewed in the Nevada Electronic Legislative Information System (NELIS). If you are not submitting an exhibit and just want to express or view your opinion on a certain bill, please use our Opinion Poll at this location: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/
Please read the following instructions to submit your exhibit:
1) Exhibits should be submitted in PDF format.
2) Email sent to this Committee email address may become a public document and/or public record, including the sender’s name, email address and other personal information. (If you do not want your personal information made public, please contact the Committee Manager or submit an attachment with only the information you want made public.)
3) As set forth below, all presentation materials are the responsibility of the presenter unless other arrangements have been made with the Committee.
Please bring 20 copies of your documents to the meeting.
- If your Committee allows PowerPoint presentations, please bring any PowerPoint or other digital media (CD, USB Drive, etc.) to the meeting.
- If you need a laptop to display a presentation, please make arrangements with the Committee Manager at least 1 day prior to the meeting.
4) Copyrighted materials will not be uploaded into NELIS.
Thank you and if you have any questions please contact the Committee Manager as follows:
Nevada State Senate
Room # 2128